We are delighted you are considering MRM for your website and social media needs. Before we begin working together, we will ask that you agree to and accept the following terms of service.
- Hourly Rate – The hourly rate for work carried out during the normal business hours (9:00 am – 4:00 pm EST) will range between $45-65 per hour and be determined before work commences. The agreed hourly rate is to remain confidential between us. MRM reserves the right to change this rate periodically, and all active clients will be informed in writing should our rates change during the term of any agreement. All billable, hourly time will be tracked in 15-minute increments.
- Emergency Hourly Rate and Rush Fee – Emergency work that is required outside of normal business hours, or ahead of previously scheduled work during normal business hours, will be subject to our $100 per hour rate. In addition, project work quoted as a whole (not hourly) and required sooner than our standard 14-day turnaround will be subject to a 25% rush fee.
- Third Party Designers – A 15% markup fee will be applied to all development projects involving non-MRM designers.
- Payment – All invoices and financial correspondence are handled by Freshbooks accounting software. Payments may be processed either via Paypal, credit card, or check. Any unpaid invoice more than 14 days old will be subject to a late fee of $25.00.
- Communication – Please allow 24-48 hours for response to all work requests. Any task needing attention more promptly than that will be subject to the emergency hourly rate. Preferred method of contact is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact form found here.
- Work Queue – Currently, the MRM work queue is booked a minimum of 6 weeks in advance for website design and development projects. Hourly work beyond simple content changes should be requested and/or scheduled a minimum of 14 days in advance.
- Consultation – Most projects will be limited to 2 hours of consultation, to include phone calls and email correspondence. Any communication or planning time beyond these hours, necessary to initiate the project, will be billable time at our normal hourly rate.
- Dormant Projects – Projects that are dormant for a period longer than 30 days will be subject to a $75 reactivation fee and will be placed back in the work queue in order of MRM availability.
- Cancellation / Termination of Agreement – Should a client wish to cancel a project once the work is in progress, this request must be given in writing immediately. The client will be responsible for all billable time and project expenses up to that point. If MRM has presented a project proposal only, and no billable work has begun, the client will be responsible for a $75 cancellation fee and will forfeit any deposit already paid.